13 emotional maturity quotes to help you find lasting happiness
Last time out, I wrote about signs of emotional immaturity. However, even for the most mature minds, certain unusual situations could arise where your emotions get the best of you before you have the time to gather your thoughts about how best to react or handle the situation. This is where mantras or quotes come in handy. Therefore, I have decided to follow the article up with related inspirational quotes for emotional maturity.
These quotes will also help those who exhibit certain traits of emotional immaturity to develop their minds and become more emotionally immature. Enjoy!
1. “Maturing is realizing how many things don’t require your comment.”
2. “Admitting our mistakes is a sign of maturity and wisdom. We learn more from knowing our mistakes.”
Dr. T.P. Chia
3. “Maturity is the ability to reap without apologizing and not complain when things don’t go well.”
4. “Emotional maturity is achieved when a person postpones immediate pleasure for long-term value.”
Joshua L. Liebman
5. “We cannot control what emotions or circumstances we will experience next, but we can chose how we will respond to them.”
6. “The strong minded rise to the challenge of their goals and dreams, the weak-minded become haters.”
7. “No matter the situation, never let your emotions overpower your intelligence.”
8. “I believe that the sign of maturity is accepting deferred gratification.”
9. “Immature love says ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.'”
10. Emotional maturity is the ability to stick to a job and to struggle through until it’s finished, to endure unpleasantness, discomfort, and frustration.”
Edward Adam Strecker
11. Maturity is when you learn not to broadcast your emotions for sympathy.”
12. “We often add to our pain and suffering by being overly sensitive, over-reacting to minor things, and sometimes taking things too personally.”
13. Your emotions are very unstable and should never be the foundation for direction in your life.”
What other inspiring emotional maturity quotes or mantras do you know?
I would appreciate your thoughts in the comments.